So, I think its fair to say that the ubiquitous disappointment of unwrapping a pair of socks is a bloated myth. I, for one, am a firm believer that you can't have too many -- especially good ones.
That being said, let's start the gift giving with the ultimate go-to....
1. You can find the ones above are Union Thread x Of A Kind. Limited editions for fancy feet in the most literal sense.
2. Lllamas are the new cats and are totally having a moment right now. This pendant hails from graphic design artist Rebcca Raney's collaboration with Madewell.
3. For the city dweller and patron of indulgent heated transportation during the winter months, Kate Spade taxi mittens.
4. Warby Parker specs, coming in at a mere $100 a pair with Rx lenses, add instant flair to any holiday party outfit. They're also now offering gift cards in increments equivalent to a pair of glasses so your lovely lady friend can pick her own frames - or sunnies for sunny snowy days. And on top of all that, for every pair you buy, you're also buying a pair for a child in need.
5. Keihl's fragrances for your best friend who used to own the entirely of every collection from Bath & Body Works circa 2001. Vanilla Cedarwood (the new cucumber melon, indeed) is my personal favorite but Fig and Sage Leaf comes in at a close spicy second. The gift sets are also a great bargain with fragrance, body wash and lotion.
6. It's a fact of life that everyone deserves a cozy fair isle sweater for the winter months, or at least it should be. If you ski or board, you deserve two. This one is Isabel Marant available at Steven Alan but J.Crew,among many other retailers, offer great options.
7. I've never met a Clare Vivier oversized clutch I didn't like -- and I've never met a gal I liked that didn't like 'em either. Basic, great quality leather, dress it up, down + all around and available in a disorienting amount of great color combos. Red for the holidays pictured here, but I'm partial to the hot pink/ orange and blue/red combos for a good pop.
8. I love coordinating color schemes with gifts so why not throw in something to match aforementioned red clutch? For low maintenance make-up girls,NARS's 'The Multiple' is ,ironically, a one-stop-shop. Cheeks, lips, even eyes. It's got your back....or rather your face. Great holiday party make-up default for sure. Here, pictured in coral.
9. Diptyque candles. Along with socks, there's no such thing as too many candles, and classic Baies can do no wrong.
10. Holiday party dresses yearn for statement jewelry and nobody is doing it better and more fairly priced than J.Crew right now. This flower lattice number is sure to be a wardrobe staple for many more holidays to come.
11. Planners are great, but who wants to be stifled by the templated page? Give the gift of liberation with blank pages.
Moleskines are obviously a go-to, but odds are if you're buying for someone who would appreciate the gift of a notebook, odds are they've already got one or have a stash in the wing waiting to be scribbled in. Why not opt for a bold Archie Grand instead? A cover slogan for everyone on your list.
12. Desk decor is far overlooked in my opinion and this thing is BRILLIANT. Shockingly, not a Jonathan Adler but via Etsy.
13. Most ladies love a cocktail -- simple syrup gift sets like these from Royal Rose take blah and tonic to the next level. But nothing is better to have on hand than a bottle of St. Germain liqueur for an easy and impressive cocktail available at your local liquor store or market.
14. For the foodie friend or a friend just learning to cook, Sara Forte's, of the blog Sprouted Kitchen, new book should do the trick. Yummy recipes galore and pretty pictures to go with it. Really irresistible and definitely a cookbook that won't lie dormant on anyone's kitchen shelf.
Available on Amazon.
15. Chopsticks, because, let's be honest -- we all take an extra 5 pairs walking out of Whole Foods, whether we've gotten sushi or not. Plus, they're one of those bucket list items for the kitchen you're always saying you're going to buy. So, why not save a friend the trouble? These are from Crate and Barrel.
16. Last but certainly not least, a good throw always makes for a good gift. These's faux fur ones are from Resoration Hardware.
So your friend can light up a diptique, sip on some St. Germain and champagne, wrapped in fur throw, wearing a crystal J.Crew necklace, while journaling about all the rockstars she met at the party she just returned from where she smelled of Keilh's Vanilla + Cedarwood, wore her new Warby Parker sunglasses and Clare Vivier clutch that matched her fresh coral face.
Because she's worth it.
Treat yo self and treat yo friends,
All images courtesy of their respective retailer.